Reaching your disk quota can cause your website and/or e-mails to stop working because the systems don't have any more space to use for their core needs. This is why you should take action when you receive a warning e-mail about your disk quota.
This article walks you through the investigation steps, and gives some advice on the most common cause for used up disk quota.
To find out what kind of data has recently used up too much disk space, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel via your IKIJI portal account
- On the right-hand side inside the Statistics pane, you will see a summary of your account usage. Click on Disk Usage.
- The page that will open up contains detailed (also slightly technical) information on the type of data that forms up your total disk usage. In this case (also most commonly), we see that e-mails take up almost all of the disk quota.
In order to investigate which e-mail accounts and/or folders should be cleaned up, follow these steps:
- From the main cPanel menu, under Email, click Email Disk Usage
- Now select an e-mail account from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure the table is sorted by disk usage, in descending order.
- Expand one or more folders by clicking on the Manage link. If you decide to clean up the mailbox using this utility, you can select messages older than a year, bigger than 30MB or previously viewed ones via the drop-down menu. Click on the Delete Permanently button to confirm the action.
- Repeat steps 2-4 to clean up more than one e-mail account.
- That's it! You've saved some disk space for future use.
In case you have any questions regarding your disk quota, send us an e-mail.